Followers

Wednesday 23 September 2015

Woodland Birds.

On Sunday I had an invitation from John Stanton to try photographing the woodland birds in his fabulous wood near Handcross. John kindly showed me around the wood before we went in the hides, where John gave me some good tips and advise. Plenty of birds visited the area whilst we were there with lots of Coal, Marsh, Blue and Great Tits. I was hoping also for a chance to get photos of Nuthatch and Great Spotted Woodpecker. Most of my better pictures came from the 2nd hide with the birds being very close and visiting a moss covered branch. Just as I was packing up a Great Spotted Woodpecker suddenly landed on the branch and I had to very quietly move back into position to get the picture I wanted. The Woodpecker then moved onto a close tree where a few more pictures were possible.



Marsh Tit.



Robin.



Coal Tit.



Nuthatch.







Great Spotted Woodpecker.


Many thanks John for a great memorable day and making me feel so welcome and helping me get some of my best bird photographs.


2 comments:

  1. Great set Bob. Love the moss, soft green backgrounds and of course the subjects. Ticks all the boxes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marc.
      It was great having a go at something a little unusual for me. John certainly has a great set up.

      Delete