Followers

Sunday 6 September 2015

Mrs. Adonis and a Firecrest.

With the weather being quite decent today I decided to head to my local Adonis Blue site for another attempt at the female Adonis Blue. On arrival at the site I saw a few slightly worn males flying and then a very fresh female. By now the cloud had built up and the butterflies were less active, although as the day was still quite warm they were far from roosting. I then came across another fresh female which flew short distances between perches allowing just a few quick grab shots to be taken.








Female Adonis Blue.


Back home Matt called me out to the garden as he had heard a Firecrest calling in the bushes. I quickly changed from the macro lens to the telephoto and then hoped for it to come closer. Eventually it came within range and I managed a few shots. 









Firecrest in the garden.



1 comment:

  1. I every time used to read post in news papers but now as I am a user of internet thus from now I am using net for content.

    ReplyDelete