Followers

Thursday 23 April 2015

Pupa Found!!

This morning was spent trying and hoping for my first Green Hairstreak of the year. Unfortunately this was not to be. The numbers of Small Copper however on this part of the patch is very encouraging. For the 2nd time in a week I was lucky to find a bit of a poser!!







Small Copper.



This afternoon I went to try to get the Grizzled Skippers again and was met by a Wall Brown flying. I then saw one of the Wall Brown larva I've been monitoring and it is now nearly fully grown. Looking for the Skippers I had to walk past the site where I found a Wall Pupa last year, I was tempted to have a quick look and I nearly fell over in amazement as there was another pupa there. As regular readers of this blog will know the pupa is far the hardest to find of the stages and last year I spent upwards of 12 hours hunting for one. This year I probably haven't spent one hour yet so it was a great relief!! I just hope that this one makes it through to an adult butterfly.




Wall Brown Pupa.






1 comment:

  1. Still love perusing your blog. Superb photos and a great chronicle of nature's year.

    ReplyDelete