Followers

Thursday 9 April 2015

Out and About.

The last few days I've been out and about a bit looking for various new butterflies for the year, with little success. Apart from a few Small White all I've been seeing is lots of Peacock, Small Tortoiseshell, Comma and Brimstone. I keep expecting Speckled Wood, especially in the mini heatwave we seem to be having. I have seen many good things however with lots more Adders, Swallow, Blackcap. Also today I had a fabulous view of a Stoat in the morning followed by a Weasel this afternoon!! Both animals I rarely see making it a mustelidae day.
This afternoon I also heard a Cuckoo at the back of Seaford. A Common Heath and Pyrausta despicata were new moths for the year. Both day flying moths.

A few pictures from the last few days.




Jackdaw.




Adder.




Adder.




Pyrausta despicata.




Brimstone.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely Adder shots, iv'e still never seen a wild one.

    ReplyDelete