Followers

Tuesday 24 June 2014

Marvellous Marbled White Morning.

Yesterday morning I managed to do what I've been meaning to do for several days, getting up early and trying to get some decent images of Marbled White. I arrived on the site at 6.15am to find a Red Admiral already flying!! It was indeed quite warm despite the time of day and with the sun on the downland already the fabulous sight of Marbled Whites with wings wide open greeted me.









Although there are large numbers of Marbled White flying at the moment they are, along with other members of the 'Brown butterfly' family, quite wary and hard to approach for photography so getting them before they are fully awake does make it slightly easier!!










Having managed to get a few topside shots it was the plan to try to get an underside photo. Eventually one posed very nicely for me, although this one was in pretty good condition it had already picked up some of the tiny red grass mites that Marbled White are prone to getting. 






After just an hour on site I returned home happy in time to wake Pen up with a cuppa!!


No comments:

Post a Comment