Followers

Thursday 15 May 2014

2nd Chance.

One of my targets this year was to get a decent picture of the White-spotted Sable. I thought I had got it last Friday at Denge, only to find it was not that sharp. Yesterday, I was at the only other place that I had seen it before, in private woodland where I was doing a butterfly survey for Butterfly Conservation. This time I got lucky as this rare elusive moth started to nectar on a Bluebell giving me the chance I needed.


White-spotted Sable.



Today I couldn't resist another trip to the River Cuckmere to see the Demoiselles. I did manage a shot this time of the male Banded Demoiselle but once again the female Beautiful gave the best opportunities.



Male Banded Demoiselle.










Later in the day I went onto the Downs to see the Common Blues going to roost. I was slightly late but several were sitting together on the grasses.



Female Common Blue.

2 comments:

  1. Very well done to get that settled Downy Emerald.
    Fantastic pic of the male Hairy Dragonfly too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well done to get that settled Downy Emerald.
    Fantastic pic of the male Hairy Dragonfly too.

    ReplyDelete