Followers

Saturday 24 August 2013

Swallowtail

 
Early evening yesterday I had a phone call from Michael Blencowe advising me that a Swallowtail was near Wilmington. Unfortunately I was unable to get over there then but as it had rained all night I decided that there was still a very good chance that the butterfly was likely still to be in the same area today. Not perhaps ideal weather for butterfly watching but as it appeared to brighten slightly I took advantage and shot over there with instructions as to where it had been. Amazingly it was still there and as a warmer and brighter patch arrived the butterfly opened its wings for a while. An amazing sight to see this rare migrant in Sussex. My thanks to Michael for letting me know about it and to David Bradford who originally found it.
 
 
 
 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment